Pages

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Unexplained Weight Loss

I tightened my drawstring twice today. So I hopped on the scale just to prove that the slip knot keeps slipping or the drawstrings are just stretching out. Except I did notice my hips are swaying when I walk instead of waddling. I lost another 4 pounds, in 3 days.

I'm hardly skinny. I still have plenty of weight to spare. I have struggled with my weight my entire life. I know how hard it is to lose weight. Which is why losing weight when I'm not trying to is just creepy.

It isn't so much that I'm a hypochondriac and assume that I have some horrible terminal disease that is causing me to lose weight. However, cancer does run rampant in my family. Neither of my parents made it out of their 50's. I live on pain killers for chronic pain and sometimes I wonder just how much additional pain these may be masking that would otherwise clue me in that other things are wrong.

Sometimes, I do just shed weight, though it is rare. I always gain weight after relationships end and then magically the weight disappears when I'm ready to start dating again. But I've been an emotional basket case these past few weeks. It just makes no sense that my body could be trying to tell me it's time to get back out there.

But the really pathetic thing is that I'm not sure which scenario rattles me more, some unknown disease or dating.

No comments:

Post a Comment